Monday, September 2, 2013

My Vegan Monday

Morning
Kashi GoLean with almond milk and banana

Afternoon
Hummus toast
Fuji apple

Evening
Angelica Kitchen's house salad
A lotta chocolate

After a weekend of binging on crabs, cookies, cake, cheese and wine (!), it was nice to be home, in front of the computer, eating simpler food. And wonderful to have shared last week's Vegan Monday with the wonderful Ann Mah, who's about to give birth twice: to her anxiously anticipated baby and her second book, the delicious Mastering the Art of French Eating.
 We were lucky enough to catch up over salads and sandwiches at The Butcher's Daughter (which leaves me, sadly, less impressed each time I visit). The last time we dejeunered together was at Septime—two years ago.
I just scrolled through the posts of that trip to Paris to find the one of our lunch. It broke my heart a little. Every month is further from that magical time that I lived in Paris. And all those subsequent trips that brought me back in its embrace, close to the memories and thrills. I couldn't be happier with my life right now. But there will always be Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment